If you are an executive or professional seeking a mental health program that offers discretion and results, the world-class, highly personalized care of The Retreat by Sheppard Pratt is for you.
Executives and professionals face unique and intense stressors – demanding careers, financial pressures, and high levels of responsibility. This can lead to burnout, substance abuse, and exacerbated symptoms of mental health conditions like depression and anxiety – all of which can impact performance.
Who We Treat at The Retreat: Professionals & Executives
Our team of renowned clinicians has deep expertise in caring for executives and professionals in a discreet and healing environment. We have successfully rehabilitated professionals such as:
- CEOs, CFOs, and other members of the C-suite or executive team
- Small business owners
- Business leaders
- Financial analysts
Many people we care for have an underlying mental health condition, like anxiety, OCD, depression, or a substance use disorder, but have not found effective or long-term treatment. For others, this may be the first time they have sought care for their mental health.
Mental Health: Professionals and Executives
It is imperative that professionals and executives are functioning at their best – not only physically, but mentally. A study from Deloitte indicates that more than 80% of white collar workers experience at least one mental health symptom. And, a study published in Harvard Business Review shows that about half of executives experience significant stress. If you’re struggling with your mental health, you are not alone.
When a professional or executive is struggling with their mental health, it can look like:
- Burnout: feeling stressed, overwhelmed, lonely
- Fatigue and exhaustion, impacting sleep
- Diminished ability to make decisions or making erratic decisions
- Increased substance use or substance misuse
- Feeling defensive or coming across as defensive
Fear of stigma and concerns about stepping away from work are often barriers to treatment – but at The Retreat, we offer the utmost confidentiality in a comfortable, well-appointed setting. And, for those who wish to remain connected to the outside world, residents are welcome to bring laptops and smartphones.
The Benefits of Residential Mental Healthcare at The Retreat for Professionals and Executives
Why choose a residential program like The Retreat by Sheppard Pratt for residential mental healthcare?
- Taking time away from everyday stressors can give you a chance to disconnect while in a safe, healing, and supportive environment. Take a virtual tour of The Retreat to explore our well-appointed private suites and the rolling hills of our 87-acre campus. We also offer two transitional living homes nearby for those who would benefit from continued care with their clinical team after their stay at The Retreat.
- At The Retreat, you have the 24/7 support of a multidisciplinary team of highly trained mental health professionals. No matter the need, no matter the time of day – our team of clinicians can provide expert, compassionate support in-the-moment. Meet our team of experts.
- You will be surrounded by your peers – others who are experiencing similar stressors, situations, and struggles. The therapeutic milieu of The Retreat, consisting of no more than 22 residents, is bolstered by the presence of mental health professionals with deep expertise in a breadth of clinical modalities.
Effective Mental Healthcare for Professionals and Executives
The Retreat is a discreet program designed specifically for adults who need intensive, effective care. And, our personalized, comprehensive approach to treatment works. 94% of residents at The Retreat report improved functioning and ability to engage in daily activities, and 88% of report improvement in depressive symptoms at the time of discharge.
As part of the world-renowned Sheppard Pratt system of care, our team has unparalleled, direct access to specialty consults across every area of behavioral health.
If you are going to take the time to focus on your mental health, it’s critical that you spend that time in a program using effective, gold-standard techniques. Our clinicians are highly skilled in approaches including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic psychotherapy, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and more.
Our team of physicians use psychotropic medications as needed, and partner with the clinicians at Sheppard Pratt’s Institute for Advanced Diagnostics and Therapeutics to offer cutting-edge care.
We also offer both transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) on site.
In addition to the intensive one-on-one work with your treating clinician, residents at The Retreat benefit from up to 35 hours of group programming a week with licensed clinicians.
In addition to the robust programming at The Retreat, we offer one-on-one consultation with experts in professional burnout. Meet two of our team members with deep experience and expertise in partnering with professionals and executives to get them back on track:
The Retreat offers residential psychiatric rehabilitation to people experiencing behavioral health issues, including depression, OCD, anxiety, personality disorders, and co-occurring disorders.