A comprehensive outpatient psychiatric evaluation can be a valuable tool for maintaining mental wellness. You’ll find clarity around what may be contributing to mental health or substance abuse symptoms, and you will walk away with integrated and intensive treatment options to help you address any issues you’re facing. Sheppard Pratt has a robust, unparalleled team of experts that can help you get to the root of the problem and develop an effective treatment approach to improve your quality of life.
We offer comprehensive psychological, psychiatric, and addiction assessments – our team of experts will perform a thorough diagnostic evaluation and consultation, and provide you with treatment recommendations and next steps, so you can get on your journey to wellness faster. Treatment is not provided as part of the comprehensive outpatient psychiatric evaluation service and you must have a current mental health provider to participate in the evaluation service. This evaluation service is self-pay and insurance is not accepted.
Comprehensive Outpatient Psychiatric Evaluation Service At a Glance
During your three-day outpatient evaluation, you will:
- Be evaluated by: two psychiatrists, two psychologists, two social workers, and additional specialists (determined by your unique clinical needs)
- Receive a comprehensive evaluation that includes: review of records; consultation with current treatment team; psychiatric, psychological, biopsychosocial, family systems assessments; psychological and cognitive testing; and learning and achievement testing, as needed (additional day & fee)
- Have two diagnostic conferences: one with you, the clinical director, and a psychiatrist to review findings and recommendations and your outpatient team can participate remotely; and one with you, the clinical director, a psychiatrist, family therapist, and your family.
- Receive a comprehensive report including: findings from all specialists; a comprehensive summary including diagnosis; treatment recommendations; and referrals as possible.
We offer a comprehensive three-day psychological, psychiatric, and substance use consultation and evaluation. Based on your individual needs, the consultation can include:
- Psychiatric Evaluation and Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Psychodiagnostic Testing
- Psychosocial Assessment
- Family Systems Assessment
- Pharmacological Assessment
- Addiction Assessment
- Specialty evaluations, which can include:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Neurostimulation Assessment
- Eastern Medicine Assessment
- Occupational Therapy Assessment
As you participate in the evaluation, you may have the option to attend The Retreat, Sheppard Pratt’s premier, private pay residential program for adults 18 and older. The outpatient evaluation service coordinator will help to arrange outpatient treatment recommendations as well, so you can embark on your path to wellness efficiently, knowing you're supported by trusted clinicians.
Who Can Benefit from Sheppard Pratt's Comprehensive Outpatient Psychiatric Evaluation Service
Our experts are well versed in caring for and evaluating people of all ages, from children to older adults. Our short-term, intensive consultation program is designed for people who:
- Have experienced mental health or addiction problems for a long time, but have not found effective treatment
- Have not received a mental health diagnosis, or are seeking diagnostic clarification or a second opinion
- Want to quickly understand what is causing their struggles, and get connected to effective treatment
- Want a more thorough assessment of their cognitive and psychological functioning to use as a baseline to chart clinical progression or decline
- Are seeking a mental health check-up to maximize their mental wellness
- Are benefitting from current treatment, but would like to explore more intensive treatment options that may accelerate or enhance their treatment outcomes
When your mental health is on the line, it’s important that you get help from the best in the field. Your diagnostic evaluation and consultation will be performed by seasoned clinicians from Sheppard Pratt, ranked one of the top psychiatric hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Exact clinicians will vary based on your individual needs, but can include:
Psychologist, The Retreat; Personality Disorder Track Lead, The Retreat; Clinical Director, Comprehensive Outpatient Psychiatric Evaluation ServiceSpecialties:Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Personality Disorders, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Substance Use Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury
Chief Science Officer, Institute for Advanced Diagnostics and Therapeutics; Psychiatrist, The Retreat at Sheppard PrattSpecialties:Adult Psychiatry, Biological Psychiatry, Depression, Medication Management, Mood Disorders, Psychopharmacology, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Treatment-resistant Depression
Service Chief, TMSSpecialties:Adult Psychiatry, Anxiety Disorders, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Eating Disorders, LGBTQ+ Mental Health Issues, Mood Disorders, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Transference-focused Psychotherapy, Treatment-resistant Depression
Melissa Flanders, MS, OTR/LOccupational Therapist, The Retreat at Sheppard Pratt
Trina Lion, MS, LAcEastern Meditation & Movement Specialist, The Retreat at Sheppard Pratt
Patrick Trentalange, LCSW-CFamily Therapist, The Retreat at Sheppard Pratt
Chief, Autism and Neurodevelopmental Outpatient Program; Senior Psychiatrist and Service Chief, Adult Intellectual Disabilities and Autism Unit; Clinician Investigator, Sheppard Pratt Autism Registry; Chair, Ethics CommitteeSpecialties:Adult Psychiatry, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disabilities, Neuropsychiatry