Our experienced, compassionate team understands that every child deserves individualized instruction and support. When you walk into our classroom, you immediately notice everyone working diligently together to provide accommodations and modifications to assist students in meeting the challenges they face.
Our multi-disciplinary team
Our students and their families benefit from the structured daily routine that we offer. We distinguish ourselves by providing:
- 11 months of instruction
- Small class sizes (2:1 staff: student ratio)
- Unique Curriculum based on the Common Core Standards (Maryland College and Career Readiness Standards)
- Syracuse Community-Referenced Curriculum Guide for community-based instruction
- Speech and language therapy
- Vocational and life skills training
- Psychiatric services, as needed, including medication management
- Psychological services, as needed
- Transition services
- Community outings
- One-to-one dedicated aides
- Occupational therapy (as needed, provided by the local school system)
- Music therapy (provided by the local school system)
These services and activities are just a small part of the diverse programming offered at The Forbush School at Anne Arundel South. As part of the nationally-renowned Sheppard Pratt Health System, we have access to innovative training, technology, and therapies, and integrate all of these offerings into our school. We are also located in the Central Special Education Center in Edgewater, Maryland, which provides us shared access to their extensive facilities and resources.
Most of our students are referred from the Anne Arundel County Public School System. We currently have capacity for six students. We would love to tell you more about our school or have you visit. Contact us to learn more about our program.