Sheppard Pratt School - Millersville is an 11-month special education school providing educational and related services to students ages 5-21 with autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disabilities. We are located in the Ruth Parker Eason Special Education Center in Millersville, Maryland, which provides us shared access to their extensive facilities and resources.
Our experienced, compassionate team understands that every child deserves individualized instruction and support. When you walk into our classrooms, you immediately notice everyone working diligently together to overcome any challenges the students may face.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes a certified education director, a curriculum coordinator, an assistant behavior specialist, a speech pathologist, a vocational program assistant, special education teachers, educational assistants, and 1:1 dedicated aides, all of whom are experienced and dedicated to their jobs. Through our robust curriculum, we help students meet their educational goals and prepare them for life beyond the classroom.
Our students and their families benefit from the structured daily routine that we offer. We distinguish ourselves by providing and utilizing:
- 11 months of instruction
- Small class sizes
- Unique curriculum based on the Common Core Standards (Maryland College and Career Readiness Standards)
- Syracuse Community Reference-Curriculum
- Speech and language therapy
- Vocational and life skills training
- Behavioral Learning Model, using strategies of associative and observational learning
- Psychiatric services, as needed, including medication management
- Psychological services, as needed
- Transition services
- Community outings
- One-to-one dedicated aides (as prescribed by each student’s Individualized Education Program)
- Occupational therapy (as needed, provided by the local school system)
- Music therapy (as needed, provided by the local school system)
These services and activities are just a small part of the diverse programming offered at Sheppard Pratt School - Millersville. As part of Sheppard Pratt, we have access to innovative training, technology, and therapies, and integrate all of these offerings into our school.
All of our students are referred from the Anne Arundel County Public School System. We currently have capacity for 12 students. We would love to tell you more about our school or have you visit. Contact us to learn more about our program.