Sheppard Pratt’s Off-Site Counseling service comes to you: we offer behavioral health services where you are. We treat children, adolescents, and families in schools, homes, or other locations.
What to Expect From Sheppard Pratt’s Off-Site Counseling
Our service provides much-needed behavioral and mental health services to children and families who may have limited access to care. The families we serve often face transportation barriers or have multiple children at home, making it difficult to commit to regular appointments outside the house.
Our team of licensed counselors and therapists travels to families and students, providing treatment where you need it. We offer:
- In-home services: These intensive services in homes and schools are appropriate for high-risk individuals who need counseling one to three times a week.
- School-based treatment: We provide care for students who have behavioral or mental health issues that affect academic performance.
- Year-round home-based therapy: You or your loved ones may benefit from ongoing therapy in your home.
- Group therapy: We offer this service in schools to provide students with specific skills, such as anger management or social assistance.
- Off-site psychiatry visits: We offer off-site psychiatry visits for people living in Baltimore City and Baltimore County. We come to your school, home, or community setting to provide comprehensive care.
Off-Site Counseling at Sheppard Pratt: Why Choose Us?
Children, adolescents, and families can expect:
Accessible counseling services
Whether your child needs to see us at school, home, or a safe space in the community, our counselors and therapists are available to them. We provide off-site counseling all year, so students can get the help they need even when school isn’t in session.
For children and families in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, we offer some telemedicine visits, allowing patients and families to access counseling services over the phone.
Referrals to a wide range of behavioral health services
We recognize that behavioral health issues require a treatment plan personalized to each patient’s needs. Sheppard Pratt has a wide range of services that can help children, adolescents, and families overcome behavioral health problems.
Our counselors connect you and your family to these services, which include:
- Family and individual counseling
- Psychiatry services
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Addiction services (available to people living in Baltimore City and Baltimore County)
Collaboration with schools
Sheppard Pratt has partnerships with schools in Baltimore, Frederick, and Montgomery counties. We work closely with educators in the school systems to assess our patients’ academic needs and then provide counseling, emotional support, and other resources to help them succeed.
Accessing Off-Site Counseling Services Through Sheppard Pratt
You may seek treatment through another Sheppard Pratt program or receive a referral from an outside provider.
Off-Site Counseling services in Frederick County
We partner with Frederick Memorial Hospital to offer Off-Site Counseling Services in Frederick. To set up Off-Site Counseling Services for a child or adolescent in Frederick County, contact Behavioral Health Partners of Frederick (BHP) at 301-663-8263 ext. 740.
For questions regarding BHP’s Off-Site Counseling program, please contact Erica Sacchetti at ESacchetti-BHP@sheppardpratt.org.
Off-Site Counseling services in Baltimore City and Baltimore County
Families in Baltimore City and Baltimore County can schedule an appointment by calling our Baltimore City office at 410-366-4360 ext. 6348. For services provided through Sinai Hospital, call 443-573-8678.
We accept Medicaid, Medicare, and private pay.
Off-Site Counseling Services in Montgomery County
To arrange off-site counseling services in Montgomery County, contact Kristy Gersten Keteltas, LCSW-C, at 240-864-1082.