Sheppard Pratt’s Off-Site Counseling service comes to you: we offer mental health services where you are. We treat children, adolescents, and families in schools, homes, or other locations.
What to Expect From Sheppard Pratt’s Off-Site Counseling
Our service provides much-needed behavioral and mental health services to children and families who may have limited access to care. The families we serve often face transportation barriers or have multiple children at home, making it difficult to come to regular appointments outside the house.
Our team of licensed counselors and therapists travels to families and students, providing treatment where you need it. We offer:
- Therapy: Therapy services are provided to help you and/or your loved one address mental health issues such as emotional and/or behavioral difficulties. Our clinicians aim to help reduce or eliminate symptoms that are often disruptive to daily living. Services that are offered may include cognitive behavioral therapy, supportive counseling, play therapy, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, and cognitive processing therapy.
- Medication management: As a program of Sheppard Pratt, we are able to seamlessly refer our clients to psychiatrists and nurse practitioners within the Sheppard Pratt continuum of care for any prescription medication needs
- In-home services: Through in-home services, we provide individuals and families with care directly in their home environment – meaning treatment is more convenient and accessible. These intensive services in homes and schools are appropriate for high-risk individuals who need counseling one to three times a week.
- School-based treatment: With permission, we partner with school staff to provide care for students who have behavioral or mental health issues that affect academic performance.
- Group therapy: When participating in group therapy, individuals develop self-awareness by listening to others with similar issues and simultaneously gaining insight and learning new skills. Group therapy is a great addition to traditional individual or family therapy and can help people progress in their treatment. We offer this service in schools to equip students with specific skills, such as anger management or social assistance.
- Family therapy: Through family therapy, families have a chance to express and explore feelings in a safe, non-judgmental environment. This form of therapy can assist families in working through difficulties, differences, relationship dynamics, improving communication, and managing behavioral concerns. The goal of this treatment is to help families find a positive way to move forward working together.
Off-Site Counseling at Sheppard Pratt: Why Choose Us?
Children, adolescents, and families can expect:
Accessible counseling services
Whether your child needs to see us at school, home, or a safe space in the community, our counselors and therapists are available to them. We provide off-site counseling all year, so students can get the help they need even when school isn’t in session.
For children and families in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, we offer some telemedicine visits, allowing patients and families to access counseling services over the phone.
Referrals to a wide range of behavioral health services
We recognize that behavioral health issues require a treatment plan personalized to each patient’s needs. Sheppard Pratt has a wide range of services that can help children, adolescents, and families overcome behavioral health problems.
Our counselors connect you and your family to these services, which include:
- Family and individual counseling
- Psychiatry services
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Addiction services (available to people living in Baltimore City and Baltimore County)
Our team is also able to provide referrals to other needed services and supports.
Collaboration with schools
Sheppard Pratt has partnerships with schools in Baltimore, Frederick, Montgomery, and Washington counties. We work closely with school staff to assess our patients’ academic needs and then provide counseling, emotional support, and other resources to help them succeed.
Accessing Off-Site Counseling Services Through Sheppard Pratt
We accept self-referrals, referrals from other Sheppard Pratt programs, and referrals from the community. When you’re concerned about a mental or behavioral health concerns, we are here to help.
Contact Erica Sacchetti at email@example.com to learn more. Or, call our intake line at 301-663-8263.