Sheppard Pratt School in Glyndon provides year-round special education and therapeutic services to students in kindergarten through grade 12 with autism, emotional disability, intellectual disability, multiple disabilities, other health impairment, specific learning disability, and speech or language impairment. Our program is located on a 43-acre picturesque campus that boasts nature trails, a greenhouse, and a sensory-friendly playground. We offer specialized instruction, structured and compassionate care, and therapeutic activities. When on our campus, you immediately notice the energetic and engaging atmosphere. Children who attend Sheppard Pratt School in Glyndon are connected to a comprehensive and individualized program that integrates academics, behavioral strategies, and clinical support to provide them with the tools they need for success.
Our students and their families benefit from the structured daily routine that we offer. We distinguish ourselves by providing:
- 12 months of instruction
- Small class sizes
- Access to grade level and adapted curricula
- Baltimore County Curriculum
- Maryland College and Career Readiness Curriculum
- Syracuse Community-Referenced Curriculum Guide
- Clinical counseling and case management
- On-site psychiatric services and medication management
- Occupational therapy and physical therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Nursing services
- Hot lunch
- Vocational and life skills training
- Community-based instruction
- On and off-site career exploration and vocational training
- Post-secondary preparation
- Multiple career completer and elective opportunities, including culinary arts, art, physical education, music, carpentry, auto mechanics, horticulture, Spanish, and technology
- Opportunities to take college-level courses at local community colleges with tuition, transportation, academic, and logistical support from Sheppard Pratt staff
- High school hobby clubs and opportunities to try out for nonpublic sports leagues
These services and activities are just a small part of the diverse offerings at Sheppard Pratt School in Glyndon. As part of Sheppard Pratt, we have access to innovative training, technology, and therapies, which are integrated into our programming.
Given our unique and comprehensive offerings, students come to us from eleven local school systems across Maryland, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia. We currently have the capacity for 160 students. We would love to tell you more about our school or have you visit. Contact us to learn more about our program.
For more information about the referral and admissions process, click here.