General Neuropsychiatry Services
We successfully diagnose and care for thinking, emotional, and behavioral challenges. Our services can help restore a sense of wellness in people with complex problems such as complications from stroke and epilepsy.
General Neuropsychiatry Services at Sheppard Pratt
Renowned neuropsychiatrist Vassilis E.Koliatsos, MD leads general neuropsychiatry services at Sheppard Pratt. Our offerings include:
- Accurate diagnosis: We review the results of imaging tests in addition to performing specialized evaluations. Our complete approach helps us pinpoint the source of the problem so we can recommend the most effective treatment. Find out more about neuropsychiatric evaluations.
- Leadership & education: We are educating the next generation of neuropsychiatrists through a medical training (residency) program in partnership with the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
General Neuropsychiatry Conditions We Care For
We care for people with conditions such as:
- Severe traumatic and other acquired brain injury
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, or frontotemporal dementias
Our General Neuropsychiatry Practice Offerings
Our offerings include:
- Neuropsychiatric evaluations: We perform a complete assessment combining imaging, blood and cerebrospinal fluid testing, neuropsychological testing, and additional expert consultations to explore all possible causes of symptoms.
- Personalized treatment plan: Our neuropsychiatrists develop a plan that meets your loved one’s unique needs. This plan may include psychiatric medications and cognitive behavioral therapy. Find out more about neuropsychiatric treatments.