Autism and Developmental Disabilities Services
Sheppard Pratt’s neuropsychiatry services for people with autism, intellectual disabilities, and developmental disabilities help people ages 18 and older live full, productive lives. We offer exceptional expertise in evaluating and treating problems affecting thinking, behavior, and emotions. And our coordination services help maximize your loved one’s independence.
Our Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, and Developmental Disabilities Services
Our comprehensive offerings include:
- Detailed evaluations: Your loved one receives a complete evaluation where we explore the many possible causes of their symptoms. Assessments often include mental status and neurologic exams. Find out more about neuropsychiatric evaluations.
- Highly skilled team: Our team includes social workers who specialize in intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities, a psychotherapist specializing in autism, and a doctor or nurse practitioner when medication management is appropriate. We tailor therapies to meet your loved one’s evolving needs and keep their care moving forward. Find out more about neuropsychiatric treatments.
- Research: We are finding new ways to support our patients through research. Our interests include improving transitions from pediatric to adult care in people with autism. We are also exploring neuropsychiatric issues in people with intellectual disabilities.
Conditions We Treat
We evaluate, treat, and provide care recommendations for people affected by:
- Intellectual disabilities: When a person has certain limitations in cognitive functioning and conceptual, social, and practical skills, often including language and self-care
- Developmental disabilities: These disorders include autism spectrum disorder and Down syndrome
- Genetic disorders: Complications from conditions such as fragile X syndrome that cause mood or behavior problems
For more information about our services, or to make an appointment, call us at 410-938-4981.