Preparing for Your Neuropsychiatry Appointment
At Sheppard Pratt, new neuropsychiatry patients are always welcome. The information you provide about previous care can help you or your loved one get the most out of each visit. We explain payment options and other details to help you prepare for the appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
We ask you to provide information that helps us more quickly get to the source of the problem.
This information includes:
New patient paperwork
All new patients must complete paperwork before their first appointment. You may:
- Ask us to mail the paperwork to you
- Download the forms and complete them at home
We ask for information about the patient’s medical history. This information includes:
- Copies of medical records related to the condition for which the patient is seeking help
- Results from lab tests, such as blood work or lumbar puncture (spinal tap), if applicable
- Brain imaging reports, including computed tomography (CT) scans or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- List of any medications the patient is taking and their dosages
- Previous neuropsychological or neuropsychiatric testing
Paying for Neuropsychiatry Services
We accept Medicare and Medical Assistance. We also accept private insurance for most of our offerings. Click here for a more detailed listing.
Please bring the patient’s current insurance cards to your appointment. Co-pays and any other charges, such as a deductible, will be due at the time of service.
If you have additional insurance related questions, please call 410-938-3398.
Confirming Your Neuropsychiatry Appointment
You will receive a reminder call two business days before the appointment. Should your scheduling needs change, we’d be happy to assist you. Please make any rescheduling requests at least 24 hours before the appointment.