Masters-Level Healthcare Administration Summer Internship
The graduate school intern will work with and shadow members of the Senior Leadership Team and subsequent areas of the hospital as they develop their management and leadership skills. The chosen candidate will work on an identified project that holds personal interest as well as value and benefit to Sheppard Pratt. This opportunity is paid.
Opportunity Time Frame:
- 8-12 weeks
- Current student at an accredited college.
- Master’s level student pursuing a Master of Health Administration degree (MHA, MHSA, MBA, MPH, or other related fields
- Supervision is provided by the Chief of Strategy Officer and other executive members throughout the year.
- Help with key projects to improve health services for the people in the communities we serve, while gaining valuable experience and knowledge of healthcare operations and delivery in a compassionate and transformational organization
- Work with preceptor to select a project from those submitted by hospital personnel or solicit project ideas directly from management in areas of particular interest to them
- Possible project types include but are not limited to the following areas: hospital and practice management, budgeting, strategic planning, new healthcare ventures, patient-flow studies, and efficiency analyses
- Intern expectations include self-directed learning; independently seeking learning opportunities and feedback, problem-solving thinking, and adaptability. Readiness to learn from all experiences.
How to Apply:
- This internship is offered through the American Hospital Association's Institute for Diversity and Health Equity, so interested students can gain more information and apply here. All participating sites are listed on the website, but applicants can indicate their interest in Sheppard Pratt specifically in the application.