Operational Excellence Healthcare Internship
The intern will have an opportunity to learn Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques by participating in Yellow Belt certification facilitated by the Sheppard Pratt Operational Excellence (OpEx) team. The intern will work on real problems the OpEx team is improving upon. This opportunity is unpaid.
Opportunity Time Frame:
- 1 year (March-February, but flexible start date)
- Current student at an accredited college
- Master’s level student pursuing a Master of Health Administration degree (MHA, MHSA, MBA, MPH, or other related fields)
- Junior or senior undergraduate student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Health Administration/Management, or a Business-related degree interested in healthcare
- Supervision is provided by OpEx team members throughout the year.
- Support team with various analyses (what-if analysis, cost analysis, etc...) to help identify potential areas of improvement
- Co-lead and facilitate continuous improvement projects in support of site/corporate goals using Operational Excellence-related methodologies from inception through conclusion
- Lead practical problem-solving efforts to identify root causes and develop and implement solutions
- Self-directed learning
- Independently seeking learning opportunities and feedback
- Problem-solving thinking
- Readiness to learn from all experiences