What to Know About Your Loved One's Stay
Accommodations and Items to Bring
Each individual on our unit has a private bedroom and bathroom. To make your loved one’s stay as comfortable as possible, we recommend bringing the following items:
- All prescribed medication from home
- Personal hygiene items, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, roll-on deodorant, liquid soap, shampoo, and conditioner. We provide all of these items if you do not bring these from home.
- Eyeglasses (if necessary)
- Three to five changes of clothes (belts, shoes with shoelaces, and any clothing items with a drawstring are not permitted). We provide laundry services to ensure your loved one has clean clothing.
- Non-spiral notebook, writing paper, envelopes, postage stamps
- Slippers or other indoor footwear
- List of important phone numbers
- Cash (maximum of $20) to be used at soda/vending machines or in the on-campus gift shop
- Pillow and comforter. We provide all of these items if you do not bring these from home.
- Robe, pajamas
Please leave the following items at home:
- Matches, lighters, e-cigarettes, vapes
- Glass containers
- Sharp items, including, but not limited to, tools, knives, scissors, and clippers
- Aerosol cans
- Bars of soap
- Alcohol or street drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Cell phones, iPads, beepers, pages, or other similar personal electronic devices
- Credit cards
- Plastic bags or plastic garment bags
- Portable radios, CD players, iPods, or DVD players
- Valuable jewelry
- Weapons of any kind
- Glass picture frames
- Belts, ties, shoe strings
Any kind of violence, real or pretend, including verbal threats, is not accepted on the unit. We do not allow cursing, yelling, or inappropriate sexual behavior. In the event that any of these behaviors occurs, staff intervention may be necessary. Our staff are highly trained in verbal and physical de-escalation strategies, and will only use these tactics when absolutely necessary.