Visiting and Staying in Contact
There are daily opportunities for you to visit your loved one during their inpatient stay; we encourage you to visit as often as you are able/as often as your loved one’s doctor recommends, but fully understand if you are not able to visit daily. If you are unable to visit during designated visiting hours, please contact your loved one’s social worker to arrange an alternate time to visit.
- Monday – Friday: 5 – 7 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: 2 – 7 p.m.
- Only individuals ages 16 and older may visit the Psychotic Disorders Unit. For special circumstances, please consult with your loved one’s treatment team.
- We respect the privacy and confidentiality of everyone we serve; we ask that all visitors display ID upon entering the unit.
- When visiting, you may not bring a cell phone or camera onto the unit; please be sure to leave these in a secure off-unit location when visiting.
- If you are bringing any items onto the unit, all bags will be searched before you enter the unit. This is for safety purposes.
- If you are bringing any items to your loved one, all items will be searched and approved by staff before they can be given to your loved one.
- All visiting must occur in group areas of the unit; visitation cannot occur in an individual’s bedroom.
- Only sealed beverages can be brought onto the unit; fountains drinks and cups with lids are not permitted.
Calls and Mail
In addition to visits, individuals staying on the unit are permitted to receive calls and mail.
The phone numbers on the unit are:
Please note that phones are turned off during scheduled group programming, so individuals can focus on engaging in therapeutic activities.
Our mailing address is:
Patient’s name/Unit 2H
Sheppard Pratt Health System
6501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21204
Please note that all mail must be opened with a treatment team member present.