Helping the Homeless
Our Washington County outreach teams have training in behavioral health disorders. They work closely with other community stakeholders to interact with homeless individuals in the community.
Sheppard Pratt’s homeless outreach teams are sensitive to the challenges facing people who are homeless. We use our interactions to build trust and identify each individual’s unique needs. Next, we strive to connect each person with external services that add stability to their lives. Those services may include:
- Crisis intervention
- Employment support, including job training
- Housing assistance
- Psychosocial support
- Referrals to primary healthcare services
- Substance abuse support
Support for Homeless Veterans
Sheppard Pratt also offers specific programs for homeless veterans, including:
- Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program to help our veterans find meaningful work
- Veterans housing to help veterans and their families transition into stable housing
- Transitional housing to help homeless veterans with mental illness get re-established in the community
Help for the Homeless
If a member of your community is homeless and needs support, contact our Washington County homeless outreach team at 301-733-6063.