Substance Use Education
Substance use education is the provision of information and resources about substance use and addiction; it is provided in order to prevent substance use and addiction.
Substance use education can include:
- Information about different types of substances (both illegal and legal substances) that are abused
- How these substances affect individuals
- The warning signs of addiction
- The effects of addiction on an individual and their loved ones
- How to get help for yourself and a loved one
- How to support someone who is struggling with a substance use disorder
- How to support someone who is trying to get help for their substance use disorder
Substance use education can also include counseling and support groups.