To reach more people with life-saving, life-enriching services, Sheppard Pratt is constructing a new, 40-acre campus to serve Maryland and beyond.
Opening in 2020, the new facilities will support the most advanced medical excellence, patient care, and comfort. Highlights include the following:
- Convenient location in Howard County, an area under-resourced for psychiatric inpatient services; central location is near Anne Arundel, Montgomery, and Prince George's Counties
- Easy accessibility: proximal to I-95, Baltimore-Washington Parkway, Route 100, and the ICC
- Full range of both inpatient and outpatient programs
- 85 single rooms for inpatient services
- Design incorporates fresh air in an interior courtyard, relaxing experiences, and natural light throughout the building
- Cutting-edge technology and the latest safety innovations
The new campus will include a 160,000-square-foot treatment facility and a separate medical pavilion for behavioral health services.
Attracting & Developing Eminent Healthcare Leaders | With your support, we can train the next generation of psychiatrists and ensure we are able to hire the most gifted clinicians.
Accelerating the Impact of Our Programs | With private support, we will increase community partnerships and resources needed to serve our most vulnerable populations.
Scaling Research and Innovation | Philanthropic donations will make it possible to expand our research team, increasing our capacity to implement novel solutions.
Influencing Policy & Public Perception | By bringing mental health issues to the forefront with facts and compassion, we can shape enlightened policies and ensure funding is prioritized.
Expanding Best Practices and Services in Maryland and Beyond | Through the development of a new virtual and physical Global Training Center, we can share our innovations.
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation gave $5,000,000 to help us expand our highly-regarded residency program, ensuring we are equipped to recruit and retain the highest caliber psychiatric talent in the nation.
Peter Lagemann made a generous bequest following a legacy of philanthropic giving to Sheppard Pratt. Previous gifts have supported the museum that maintains the hospital archives. This bequest is helping to build our new hospital, currently under construction in the capitol region. We are in the process of recreating the original Towson campus in this new location to expand access to much needed mental health services.