Visiting Information and Staying in Contact with Your Loved One
There are daily opportunities for you to visit your loved one during their inpatient stay; we encourage you to visit as often as you are able. Friends and family serve an important role in recovery and wellness. If you are unable to visit during designated visiting hours, please contact the unit manager to arrange an alternate time to visit. Please contact the unit manager to arrange for any special visitation considerations.
- Daily: 1 – 2 p.m., 6 – 7 p.m.
- Holidays: 1 – 3 p.m., 6 – 8 p.m.
- Due to space limitations, we ask that only two visitors be present at a time.
- Visiting must occur in designated visiting areas (dining area and group room); visiting may not occur in bedrooms.
- If a patient does not want visits from a specific individual, we will honor the patient’s request.
- No children under the age of 13 may visit the unit.
- All visitors must display ID upon request.
- When visiting, you may not bring a cell phone or camera onto the unit; please be sure to leave these in a secure off-unit location when visiting.
- If you are bringing in any items for your loved one, all bags will be searched before they are given to the patient. This is for safety purposes.
- You may bring in food for your loved one; patients are often very appreciative of this gesture.
- Please note that we must inspect all food before it can be given to a patient.
- Due to sanitary concerns, we must throw any leftover food away within 24 hours of it entering the unit.
Calls and Mail
In addition to visits, individuals on the unit are permitted to receive calls and mail. The phone is available when patients are not participating in group programming. The phone number for the unit is 410-938-3680.
If you wish to send your loved one mail, our mailing address is:
Sheppard Pratt Health System
Geriatric Neuropsychiatry Unit (2G)
6501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21204
Please note that all mail must be opened with a treatment team member present.