A Career with Sheppard Pratt Health System
Who We Are
Sheppard Pratt Health System employs more than 2,700 clinical, administrative, rehab/therapy, educational, and support services staff in 38 locations across Maryland, who all share a common passion for providing excellent and compassionate care. Our focus on individualized treatment, combined with our legacy of clinical excellence, is what truly sets us apart from other health systems, on both a local and national level. In addition to being ranked among the top mental health programs in the nation by US News and World Report for over two decades, we are also one of the largest private providers of special education services in Maryland. We are a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Interested in working for us?
Thank you for your interest in employment with Sheppard Pratt Health System! We are always looking for dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our team. Click here to view current employment opportunities and to access our online application.
Please be assured your credentials will be reviewed by the Recruitment Team upon submission. If we require further clarification or wish to schedule an interview, we will contact you. Should you not hear from a member of the Recruitment Team within 30 days, it is likely we are considering other candidates.
Please visit the FAQ section of our website to learn more about a career with Sheppard Pratt Health System.
We want to hear from you: In an effort to continuously improve, we would love your feedback on the application, recruitment, and interview process at Sheppard Pratt Health System. Please email us at email@example.com.
If you need reasonable accommodations in the employment application process, please contact the Division of Human Resources at 410-938-3318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheppard Pratt Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Important E-Verify Information
Sheppard Pratt Health System participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Please use the links below to review important information before applying for positions with Sheppard Pratt Health System.
Our employees enjoy benefits such as a wellness program, free parking, employee assistance program, retirement savings plans, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, and a variety of on and off-site professional and continuing education opportunities. For benefit eligible positions, medical, dental, and vision benefit plans are effective the first day of the month after your start date. Click here for a benefits summary sheet.
New Employee Information
Welcome to Sheppard Pratt Health System! For nearly 120 years we have been providing quality mental health services in inpatient settings, general hospitals, outpatient clinics, doctors’ offices, psychosocial rehab programs, schools, nursing homes, rehab facilities, and workplaces. We look forward to the contribution you will make to our organization!
Please click here to access your new hire paperwork.
We hope you find the New Employee Welcome Day informational. If you have any questions about the orientation process, please contact the Division of Human Resources at 410-938-3318.
Welcome Day Location:
The Conference Center at Sheppard Pratt
Sheppard Pratt Health System
6501 North Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21204
Click here to access a map of the Towson campus.
What to expect on your first day:
- Registration begins at 8:45 a.m., with speakers scheduled to begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
- Unless you are instructed otherwise, free parking is available in the parking lot in front of The Conference Center building.
- You will receive an employee ID badge on your first day.
- Light refreshments are available throughout the day including coffee, hot tea, water, granola bars, breakfast bars, and snacks. Vending machines are also available in The Conference Center. A meal ticket will be provided to purchase a full lunch (up to a $6.00 value) in the cafeteria on your first day. Tables in the cafeteria will be clearly marked as “Reserved for New Employees.” We encourage you to sit with your fellow new hires and members of the Division of Human Resources.
- Dress for the day is business casual. Please dress appropriately. Shorts, flip flops, tight fitting clothing, leggings, and revealing clothes are not acceptable.
We wish you a long and rewarding career with Sheppard Pratt Health System!