As part of the Healthy Families America network, we share a mission of promoting the well-being of children and preventing abuse and neglect through intensive in-home visits and services.
Our dedicated family support workers offer supportive and compassionate services to expecting mothers and young parents experiencing the day-to-day challenges that come with a new baby. Our team members work with parents for an average of three years, ensuring that they have a knowledgeable, non-judgmental person to help them foster the skills they need to become strong, confident, and nurturing parents. Services typically begin prior to birth and continue weekly until the child is up to three years old, depending on the needs of each family.
During in-home visits, our family support workers guide families towards being the kind of parent that every child needs. Using the Growing Great Kids curriculum, services help make parenting less stressful by:
- Teaching basic parenting skills (feeding, diapering, bathing, and others)
- Linking families with community resources (including WIC, Medicaid, and more)
- Providing a support network of other parents
- Answering parenting questions on a variety of topics
- Connecting parents with medical resources
- Teaching the developmental milestones and needs of infants and toddlers
- Helping families learn attachment and bonding techniques
- In addition, families have the opportunity to participate in social outings with other young parents, allowing them to interact with and meet other families, while simultaneously learning
real worldskills related to traveling with their newborn or toddler.
As part of our offerings, we ensure that our families are connected with local medical providers and other local resources. All children receive developmental screenings.
Healthy Families Montgomery is accredited by Healthy Families America.