Join us for a Professional Workshop for psychologists, social workers, counselors, and other mental health professionals!
The Role of Psychotherapy in Psychedelic Treatment: What We Know and What the Future Might Hold
- Tammy M. Miller, PsyD, clinical psychologist, Sheppard Pratt research department; lead psychotherapist for psilocybin research trials currently being conducted at Sheppard Pratt
- Stephanie Knatz Peck, PhD, clinical psychologist and associate clinical professor at the UC San Diego School of Medicine
- Nadav (Liam) Modlin, MSc, MBACP, psychology & psychotherapy lead in psychedelics at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) at King's College London
Psychedelic therapy is re-emerging in the psychological field as a promising treatment for some mental disorders. This program will review the current literature and outcomes of psychedelic research, as well as provide a general overview of the psychedelic treatment model. At the completion of this program, participants should be able to identify the three phases of psychedelic therapy, the role of the therapist, and hypnotized psychological mechanisms of change in treatment responders.
After this lecture, registrants will be able to:
- Identify three of the current mental health disorders being study using psilocybin.
- Discuss the three main phases of the psychedelic treatment.
- Define at least one unique element of psychedelic.
This series is approved for 12.0 credits for attending all 4 professional workshops (September 30, October 28, November 18, December 16).
Psychologist Statement: Sheppard Pratt is authorized by the State Board of Examiners of Psychologists as a sponsor of continuing education. Sheppard Pratt takes responsibility for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of this continuing education activity. Sheppard Pratt designates this educational activity for a maximum of 3.0 contact hours for Psychologists.
Social Worker Statement: Sheppard Pratt is authorized by the Board of Social Work Examiners of Maryland to offer continuing education for Social Workers. Sheppard Pratt takes responsibility for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of this continuing education activity. This activity is approved for 3.0 contact hours in Category I Ethics credits for Social Workers.
Counselor Statement: Sheppard Pratt has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5098. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Sheppard Pratt is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. This activity is available for 3.0 NBCC clock hours.