Do you work with young people? Have you struggled with kids acting out in aggressive or explosive ways? Do you want to know how to turn crisis situations into learning opportunities?
Get LSCI certified! Learn from Sheppard Pratt’s master LSCI trainer, Abby Potter, in this 4-part workshop open to teachers, school personnel, social workers, counselors, youth care workers, administrators, psychologists, and any professionals in direct contact with youth.
What is LSCI? LSCI is a brain-based trauma-informed interactive and therapeutic strategy for turning crisis situations into learning opportunities for young people who exhibit challenging behaviors.
Participants who complete the course will receive a Certificate of Competency in Life Space Crisis Intervention from the LSCI Institute.
This activity is intended for physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, counselors, and other mental health professionals.
After this lecture, registrants will be able to:
- Articulate the dynamics of conflict cycles which lead to self-defeating behavior.
- Diagnose student thinking.
- Identify and intervene effectively with the process of staff counter-aggression which precludes effective intervention.
- Demonstrate effective de-escalation, decoding, and counseling strategies for youth in crisis.
- Match specific reclaiming interventions with each of the six patterns of self-defeating behavior.
- Utilize a six-step sequence and specific communication skills for each reclaiming intervention.
- Reflect on how certain problems of youth relate to the helper's own personality and value.
November Workshop Dates:
November 3, 4, 17, 18
You must attend all four dates in order to receive your certificate. If you are unable to attend a session, please reach out to Lisa Illum, firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling .
- General Registration: $500
- Sheppard Pratt Employees: FREE