If you are in need of urgent psychiatric care, turn to Sheppard Pratt for our virtual clinic.
We offer psychiatric triage and referrals to our other virtual and in-person care options through a secure, online platform. Virtual Psychiatric Urgent Care is available to any individual living in Maryland.
Our licensed online therapists and clinicians are available for scheduled evaluations Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturdays, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. to assess your needs and connect you with the care that you need. An appointment coordinator is available for scheduling assistance Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturdays, 1 – 4 p.m.
How Sheppard Pratt Virtual Psychiatric Urgent Care works:
- Contact us at 410-938-5302 or using this form.
- We will return your message within 24 hours to speak to you regarding a virtual appointment. Please have a photo ID and your insurance card readily available.
- During your virtual psychiatric assessment appointment, a Sheppard Pratt clinician will work with you to determine how we can help you.
- Depending on your needs and where you’re located, we will do one of the following:
- Schedule a follow-up virtual or in-person appointment
- Recommend you come in for a same-day urgent admission via your own transportation
Depending on your location and clinical need, transportation may be available. Please be sure to discuss this option with the appointment coordinator.
Who We Serve:
We serve children, adolescents, adults, and older adults who need a psychiatric assessment for a mental health issue as soon as possible.
- Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 12 - 3 p.m.
Insurance Information & Paying for Your Telepsychiatry Visit:
Virtual Psychiatric Urgent Care participates with Maryland Medicaid and Medicare and many major insurance companies (including CareFirst, CIGNA, Aetna, and United Healthcare).