Cocoa and cinnamon add a depth of flavor to this satisfying dish the whole family will love. Put the ingredients together in your slow cooker in the morning and it will be ready just in time for dinner. And if you want some additional heat and flavor, try using chipotle or ancho chili powder.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 yellow or red peppers, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can low-sodium fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 2 15-ounce cans low-sodium kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt per serving
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese per serving
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or for 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish, and serve.
Per serving: 225 calories, 14g protein, 36g carbohydrate (12g fiber), 3g fat (2g sat, 1g mono/poly), 415mg sodium