- 8 cups of assorted vegetables, such as: carrots, parsnips, yams, potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, red or white onion, or peppers
- ½ teaspoon each: dried oregano, thyme, rosemary
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces per serving of protein of your choice (if using)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash vegetables and remove skin as necessary; cut into large bite-size pieces. Lightly spray two cookie sheets with oil. Then add veggies, spray lightly, and toss. Roast uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; turn with spatula. Vegetables should still be firm but beginning to brown. Sprinkle with herbs and pepper. Roast 10 more minutes or until tender.
- If cooking a protein, add it on top of the vegetables for the last 10 minutes. Plate and serve. Try this recipe with fish to add omega-3 fatty acids. Or use your favorite lean protein!
Per serving: 192 calories, 5g protein, 44g carbohydrate (9g fiber), 1g fat (0g sat, 1g mono/poly), 71mg sodium
What you eat affects how you feel. To learn more about the connection between food and your physical and mental health, check out “Food and Mood” on page 13. And if you need an idea for a great, healthy meal, start with this delicious dinner featuring roasted veggies!