- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about ½ large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 14-ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes, drained
- 24 raw, large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 steamed artichokes, quartered with choke and tiny inner leaves removed
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- Fresh parsley, basil, oregano, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix marinade ingredients. Add shrimp and toss well. Let set up to 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the package.
- While pasta is cooking, spread shrimp mixture on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Broil in oven for five minutes on second rack from the top. Check to keep from burning.
- When pasta is done, save 1⁄2 cup of pasta water, and drain noodles into a colander. Return pasta to pot, add pasta water and shrimp. Mix well.
- Plate pasta and shrimp. Add artichokes, garnish and serve.
How to Steam Artichokes
Run water over the top to clean between the leaves. Then, cut the tops of the leaves so they fit under your pot’s lid, cut off the stem, cut an X in the bottom, and place them in a steaming basket. Steam until a leaf pulls out easily, usually 30–40 minutes. Artichokes can also be placed leaf-side down in two inches of boiling water and cooked until leaves are tender.
Per serving: 450 calories, 27g protein, 57g carbohydrate (7g fiber), 15g fat (4g sat, 11g mono/poly), 564mg sodium