Dr. Steven Crawford is Co-Director of The Center for Eating Disorders at Sheppard Pratt and Assistant Chief of Psychiatry at University of Maryland-St. Joseph Medical Center. In addition to clinical supervision, program development, and involvement in federally-funded research projects, he directs and coordinates the Center’s fellowship training program for physicians. Dr. Crawford is also Physician Clinical Leader of the Schwartz Center Rounds which brings doctors, nurses and other caregivers together to discuss the human side of healthcare.
University of Maryland School of Medicine
University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Member, American Psychiatric Association,
- Past President, Maryland Psychiatric Society
- Member, Academy for Eating Disorders
- Scientific Council Chair, MedChi
- Multi-disciplinary Peer Review Committee at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
Awards and Honors
- The Walter Weintraub Award for Clinical Teacher of the Year 2018 (University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency Program)
- Baltimore Magazine, Top Doctors 2018, 2017
- Castle Connolly, America’s Top Doctors 2016
In Press: Eating Disorders, Psychiatric Clinics of North America, Spring 2019, Brandt, H.A and Crawford, S.F., Guest Editors
Crawford, S. F. (2016). 3.5 Integrating Higher Levels of Care as an Effective Component in Treating Children and Adolescents With Eating Disorders. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 55(10), S89.
Duncan, L., Yilmaz, Z., Walters, R., Goldstein, J., Antilla, V., Bulik-Sullivan, B., Crawford, S.F. ... & Andreassen, O. (2016). Genome-Wide Association Study Reveals First Locus for Anorexia Nervosa and Metabolic Correlations. bioRxiv, 088815.
Baker, J. H., Sisk, C. L., Thornton, L. M., Brandt, H., Crawford, S., Fichter, M. M., ... & Mitchell, J. E. (2014). Primary amenorrhea in anorexia nervosa: impact on characteristic masculine and feminine traits. European Eating Disorders Review, 22(1), 32-38.