Dr. Merle McCann is a senior adult psychiatrist at Sheppard Pratt. He completed his residency at George Washington University Hospital, and earned his MD at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine. He is a distinguished life fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, and a member of the Maryland Psychiatric Society and the Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists; he is also a past president of the Maryland Psychiatric Society. Dr. McCann is also a member and chairperson of the board of directors of AIDS Action Baltimore, and a board member of the Maryland Foundation for Psychiatry. In addition to his work at Sheppard Pratt, Dr. McCann is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Dr. McCann is board certified in general psychiatry.
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
George Washington University Hospital
- Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Member, Maryland Psychiatric Society
- Member, Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists
- Member and Chairperson, Board of Directors of AIDS Action Baltimore
- Board Member, Maryland Foundation for Psychiatry