This recipe makes 18 - 24 meatballs.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large zucchini, grated (about 2 cups)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, oregano, and thyme, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons avocado or canola oil
- ½ cucumber, grated and blotted to remove moisture
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or mint, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon (1–2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine all meatball ingredients, except the oil. Mix with your hands and form 18 uniform balls.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until hot. Sear one batch of meatballs at a time, on all sides, about 4 minutes total. Add oil as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer cooked meatballs to the baking sheet and bake for about 6 minutes.
- Make the tzatziki sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Keep chilled until needed. Serve meatballs warm or at room temperature with tzatziki sauce.
Per 3 meatballs and 2 tablespoons of sauce: 205 calories, 16g protein, 5g carbohydrate (1g fiber), 14g fat (3g sat, 11g mono/poly), 580mg sodium