Do you work with youth? Learn how to effectively address and navigate crisis situations with youth in our four-day Life Space Crisis Intervention training! This training is led by LSCI Master Trainer, Abby Potter, M.Ed. Click here to register.
What is Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI)?
LSCI is a professional training program that teaches non-physical intervention techniques; it is a verbal de-escalation strategy for resolving crisis situations. During LSCI training, you will learn how to turn crisis situations into teaching opportunities. You will also get a cognitive roadmap to working through tough situations with youth.
Who should take LSCI training?
Anyone who works with troubled youth can benefit from participating in LSCI training! We frequently work with educators, counselors, parents, and other adults.
After participating in our four-day training, you will:
- Be well equipped to work with youth who act out and impulsively while stressed, are purposely aggressive, engage in destructive relationships, and more
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Receive a copy of the LSCI textbook, Talking with Students in Conflict
- Receive a participant manual
- Be eligible to earn three graduate credits in psychology or special education
Click here to register. This training is $495 for 4 days; fees are waived for Sheppard Pratt Health System employees. Sheppard Pratt school and RTC employees should contact their manager to register.