Enoch Pratt

The Sheppard Asylum was built on what had been a 340-acre farm a few miles north of Baltimore City, Maryland. The future of The Sheppard Asylum was greatly enhanced by an endowment from wealthy merchant and philanthropist, Enoch Pratt, upon his death in 1896. He stipulated that his bequest be used to complete the construction in progress, enlarge the facility to house 200 additional patients, serve the indigent, and that the name of the institution be changed to “The Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital.” All of his conditions were met and The Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital remains in operation today as the hospital component of our free-standing health system.

Important Links

Locations

sp_location-interior.jpg

We provide a full range of treatment options in 38 locations throughout Maryland. 

Click to find a location.